Winter Safety Tips
Winter safety tips from your energy cooperative, Lower Valley Energy.
ROOFS – Snow accumulation is very high this year.
– Shoveling snow off roofs includes many hazards.
– Stay clear of any line coming into or above your house.
– Keep metal objects away from energized wires.
– Do not touch any electrical wire.
– Keep piles of snow away from overhead power lines.
– No machinery or snow pile should be within 10ft of overhead power lines
– Consider kids climbing on snow piles and being able to reach lines with objects
METERS (NATURAL GAS USERS) – Please keep your gas meter cleared of snow and ice.
- Please be careful when clearing your meter and use caution when clearing the areas above and around your meter.
- Damage to the meter can cause a leak and a potentially dangerous situation.
VENTS – Make sure your vents are always clear of obstructions, especially during a heavy snow winter like this year.
PLOWING – If you hit one of our boxes, please stay clear because of the high voltages inside.
Call Lower Valley Energy with any questions regarding your safety electricity.